Big Tree Madness
Returning for its third year — and quite possibly its best field yet — Big Tree Madness fever is upon us! That’s right: We’re pitting the biggest of the big against each other in a three-week competition to determine who will be crowned 2015’s Ultimate Champion. These trees come in all shapes and sizes and can be found in national forests, parks and even backyards.
American Forests needs your help to select this year’s Ultimate Champion. Here’s how the tournament works:
- Voting will take place on American Forests’ Facebook page. If you aren’t following us, do so and see the coolest trees in the country!
- One match per weekday will be posted for voting beginning March 17 and will end with the championship round on April 6. The winner will be announced on April 7.
- Sweet 16 — March 17 to March 26
- Elite Eight — March 27 to April 1
- Final Four — April 2 and April 3
- Championship — April 6
- You have 24 hours to vote on each matchup every weekday. Voting starts at 10:00 a.m. EDT when the match for the day is posted and will close at 9:59 a.m. EDT the next day.
- While we’ll be announcing every winner on Facebook, you can also keep track of the bracket right here. The full bracket will be updated after each round.
Crowning the Ultimate Champion is up to you. Will you throw your support behind a state tree, your favorite species or the coolest-looking big tree? Mark your calendars and share with your friends — this year’s Big Tree Madness is sure to bring the heat!