The senior manager of corporate communications helps raise awareness about American Forests’ corporate partnerships and motivate corporations to be leaders in the movement to reforest America. As needed, the senior manager assists with communications projects related to other American Forests funders.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Four to six years of demonstrated success in conceptualizing, developing and implementing communications strategies.
- Experience working in communications at a nonprofit organization or corporation is a plus.
- Experience in project management, developing marketing strategies and measuring results.
- Experience in managing consultants is preferred.
- Experience telling stories using a variety of media and platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Comfortable interacting with corporate personnel at all levels.
- Working knowledge of sustainable business practices is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong creative thinker and proactive problem solver.
- Strong sense of curiosity a plus.
- Familiarity with WordPress is preferred.
REQUISITE EDUCATION OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree is required. A focus in communications is preferred.
The majority of work is performed in a general office environment, with occasional opportunities to travel.
- Create and implement communications tactics for the organization’s work with existing and potential corporate partners, including developing social media content, writing magazine stories and website content and crafting funding pitches.
- Create messaging related to corporate partnerships.
- Review communications materials from corporate partners, including social media posts, website content and press releases.
- Respond to corporate partners’ communications requests.
- Organize, track and report out on communications interactions with partners, including social media engagement with specific partners identified by the corporate development team.
- Serve as liaison between corporate partners and American Forests on all issues related to communications, including working directly with partners’ communications professionals.
- Produce quarterly newsletter for corporate partners, including writing news pieces, selecting photographs and creating social media content.
- Maintain and build out Corporate Partner Resources and update corporate-related content on American Forests’ website.
- Occasionally supervise external contractors and manage some project budgets.
- Act as representative for American Forests at corporate partner events and conferences.
- Assist with partner programming, such as creation and execution of twice annual webinars.
TO APPLY: To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, résumé, and two communications samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled.
American Forests is an equal opportunity employer.