The Gifts Processing Manager plays a critical role in support of American Forests’ mission to protect and restore forests across the country by processing the financial support that makes our work possible. The duties for this position include managing our organization’s system of record and maintaining database integrity by ensuring donation records are accurate. This position will be responsible for creating database entries for all contributions, managing the acknowledgements of gifts, and stewarding donors with questions about donations. In addition, this position provides important support in reconciling revenue on a monthly basis, and serving as the primary point person for in-house and vendor contacts with database inquiries.
Finance and Business Operations (40%)
- Manage and enter money received to the office or money sent to our external banking account.
- Manage the organization’s caging company file (i.e. daily donation transactions), including downloads and uploads to the database.
- Manage the organization’s relationship with our external caging company, providing them with weekly reports and information on an as-needed basis, including weekly acknowledgement letters for all donors.
- Sync recurring donations between CRM and the credit card processor on a regular basis.
- Coordinate and problem solve with the accounting department to reconcile information in the CRM database and the accounting system.
- Manage the implementation of new business rules when new transactions or financial streams are set up for fundraising (e.g. Facebook, Eventbrite, etc.).
- Ensure that corporate, foundation, and major donor pledges are entered correctly, coded to the proper fund, and the necessary documentation is accounted for and saved in the appropriate records.
- Work with the Corporate Dev team to produce and send invoices for Corporate Partners on a regular basis, and issue acknowledgements for payments as needed.
- Maintain the organization’s CRM database with updated information for individual and organization contacts (e.g. corporate and foundation) as well as grants/donations/payments received.
- Assist with pulling various queries and reports.
- Manage uploads of data to the CRM.
- Ensure data hygiene, and lead on any audits or data clean up projects.
- Import and export activities, assist with source codes, segments, and mailing lists to and from the database as needed. Assist with testing and qc of donation forms.
- Conduct regular de-duping of records in the CRM database to ensure data integrity.
Individual Giving Support (15%)
- Assist the Development Manager and Director of Major Gifts with customer service and donor support to resolve donor questions or concerns either over the phone or via email, and process requests for Gift of Trees and Memorial Gift certificates.
- Coordinate with the Director of Major Gifts on the various acknowledgement letters and processes, and alert the Director of donations that should be flagged or relationships that should be further developed, in addition to reconciling donations that have been received.
- Manage relationships with external vendors who provide support for prospect research, accounting services, and/or supplemental analytics and data integrity.
- Reverse credit card transactions requested by Development Manager or VP, Philanthropy
- Assist with additional in-house mailings, filing, and scanning as needed.
- Provide fulfillment for donor premiums and magazine requests, as needed.
- Monitor the general email inbox for donor related questions or requests, and route emails accordingly.
- Monitor the Donations and Removals Requests voicemail boxes and respond accordingly.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS: Applicants should have good analytic and strong organizational skills and exercise keen attention to detail. We are seeking a collaborative team player as well as someone able to manage multiple projects. Required skills include:
- Knowledge of nonprofit fundraising
- Direct experience with a range of fundraising databases and Boolean Logic
- Experience with finance and accounting procedures
- Ability to manage vendor relationships
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and other organizational management tools
REQUISITE EDUCATION OR CERTIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree required.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The majority of work is performed in a general office environment.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and appropriate supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org