Job Title: Digital Content Manager
Department: Communications & Marketing
Reports to: Director of Communications
FLSA Category: Non-exempt
Updated: March 2019
American Forests inspires and advances the conservation of forests, which are essential to mitigating climate change. We do this by protecting and restoring threatened forest ecosystems, promoting and expanding urban forests, and increasing understanding of the importance of reforestation. Founded in 1875, American Forests is the oldest national nonprofit conservation organization in the country and has served as a catalyst for many key milestones in the conservation movement, including the founding of the U.S. Forest Service, the national forest system and thousands of forest ecosystem restoration projects and public education efforts.
GENERAL SUMMARY & OVERALL CHALLENGES
The Digital Content Manager will be responsible for the management of a historic conservation group’s website, social media, and digital marketing that will be overseen by the Communications Director. This role will provide, develop, implement and manage communications activities and projects for website, e-mails, messaging, digital ads, and social media.
REQUISITE EDUCATION OR CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree is required. A focus in marketing or communications is preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Post written work on organization’s three unique websites via Wordpress
- Provide recommendations on sharing content
- Oversee social media platforms; Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube, Instagram
- Manage social media channels via Hootsuite
- Inform and develop content marketing
- Schedule and post industry-related news to social media channels
- Be our editor on all public facing written material
- Works with SEM/SEO contractors
- Be nimble to post quickly on our website and share on our social media channels
- Be proactive in creating or pitching digital marketing techniques and content
- Provide website and social media traffic reports
- Send e-mail broadcasts
- Update policy action alerts
- Answer and respond to: info@ and phone customer service support
- 5+ years digital marketing experience in an environmental non-profit foundation or charity NGO
- Successful track record of previous experience in marketing, communications or digital media through previous jobs, internships and or volunteer activities, etc
- Independent worker that is creative, resourceful, results-oriented and self-motivated
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in social and digital communication for an organization as evidenced by examples of online social media engagement, digital email campaigns, newsletters, blog posts and other communications
- Ability to commute to Washington, DC office (office is Metro-accessible and parking is available on-site)
- Understanding of web design, development and management processes
- Website management. Experience with WordPress, HTML
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong analytical skills: ability to gather, analyze, summarize, and present data
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social media management
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Customer Service / Membership Support
- Canva, Excel, Powerpoint
American Forests is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will not be accepted or reviewed elsewhere. The position will remain open until filled.