Mission and Vision
American Forests protects and restores forests, helping to preserve the health of our planet for the benefit of its inhabitants.
A world in which forests are thriving and valued for their significant environmental, societal, and economic benefits.
- Forests are healthy and forest cover is expanding, both in urban and rural areas.
- Ecosystem services (such as clean water, carbon sequestration, fish and wildlife habitat and sustainable recreation) are given high priority in the management of public and private forests.
- People recognize that healthy forests are vital to life.
- Threatened forests are restored to health.
- Major threats to forests, such as climate change, invasive species, insects, disease, intense wildfire and conversion of forestlands to non-forest uses, are proactively addressed by policymakers.