Careers at American Forests
If you’re talented, ambitious and passionate about environmental conservation, you should be working for American Forests, the oldest national conservation organization in the U.S. We offer a vibrant and friendly workplace, where your talents and interests can help move our mission forward. And our generous benefits package is a sign of our commitment to your longevity with us.
An American Forests staff member will contact you without delay if we determine that there is a match with our needs and your background. All candidate resumes are given due consideration and are kept on file for one year, but we cannot always respond personally due to the high volume of inquiries. American Forests is an equal opportunity provider.
American Forests staff members receive a variety of benefits:
- A choice of HMO, POS and PPO health care, dental and vision plans
- A 401(k) retirement plan that offers vesting after two years of service and a company contribution for eligible employees
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Paid leave for federal holidays
- Basic and voluntary life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- A pre-tax commuting benefit
- Health and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Summer hours
- A business-casual atmosphere
Below are current open positions at American Forests.
American Forests often makes opportunities available for interns on a semester basis (fall, spring, summer). We invest our time and expertise in creating meaningful educational experiences for interns who qualify for and receive college credit for their time with us. Interns are not paid by American Forests.
The following is a list of internships currently available at American Forests:
by Human Resources
American Forests Programs Department oversees all of the organization’s conservation and restoration work, research and assessment projects, and policy and advocacy initiatives. It focuses on both urban and rural conservation issues and works closely with federal, state and local partners to accomplish the organization’s mission.
Job Description:Support projects of the Community ReLeaf and Urban Forest... (Read More)