Join the Sequoia Circle
The Sequoia Circle is a community of people who care deeply about America’s forests. Sequoia Circle members not only love the beauty of forests and trees, but are also committed to ensuring that the countless benefits they provide for humans and all living things are protected for the future. Through annual gifts of $1,000 or more, these dedicated supporters provide critical resources that allow American Forests to continue and expand its work protecting and restoring forests.
What kind of work does the Sequoia Circle support?
As a member of the Sequoia Circle, you will provide funding for a wide variety of American Forests activities, including matching funds for grants and seed money for new initiatives.
Your gift of $1,000 will benefit important projects like:
- The assessment of the tree canopies in major metropolitan areas to determine long-term ecological effects of urban forests, including increased property values, reduced energy costs, saving in water management, cleaner air through carbon sequestration and cooler temperatures.
- The planting of trees to rebuild wildlife habitat in Veracruz, Mexico, a winter stopover for a staggering 67 percent of the migratory bird species in North America.
- The purchase of and application of pheromone patches to repel the voracious mountain pine beetle from 1,000-year-old whitebark pine in the Greater Yellowstone Area.
Your gift of $2,500 will benefit important projects like:
- Purchasing and installing tree guards in Cuyamaca Rancho State Park in California to protect seedlings planted as part of a 20-year, 70,000-acre restoration project in the aftermath of one of California’s most destructive wildfires.
- Funding for scientists to attend a summit to help identify and develop action plans to restore the most endangered forests in North America.
- Restoring riparian buffers along the Nooksack River salmon runs in the state of Washington, stabilizing the stream bank, cooling the water and protecting one of the region’s most important species.
- Invitations to American Forests conference calls and executive briefings: Speak directly with our experts about critical forest conservation issues and take part in discussions with our CEO, Scott Steen, about the future of American Forests.
- Invitations to American Forests events: Connect with fellow Sequoia Circle members and American Forests board members and staff, and get first-hand glimpses into our work.
- American Forests magazine: Receive our award-winning publication, filled with informative articles and beautiful photographs featuring our nation’s forests and trees.
- Featured Listing in the Annual Donor List: With your permission, your name will be publicly acknowledged along with other special donors whose generous support helps make our work possible.