Global Releaf Search

Operation Green Leaves Donation

Year Planted: 2005
Trees Planted: 31,850
Location: Haiti

An anonymous donor wrote to American Forests asking to plant trees for the people of Haiti, who are running out of firewood quickly. The request was for 75% of the money to be used for Royal Pauwlonia trees and the remaining 25% for Jacaranda and Macadamia Nut trees. The instructions were sent to Operation GreenLeaves, Global ReLeaf partner for Haiti, and 31,850 trees were planted in the fall of 2005 using the donation.


This project was supported by our corporate partner, the Alcoa Foundation.

View all Haiti projects | View all 2005 projects | Back To Main

Critical Issues