American Forests’ Policy team develops the organization’s positions on forest conservation issues, directs the advocacy engagement activities and manages the government relations of the organization.
- Monitor federal legislation, regulations and policy information on strategic conservation issues relating to American Forests’ policy platform and priorities.
- Help prepare communication materials related to such issues in the form of updates and alerts, advocacy letters, blog posts, website content and fact sheets.
- Attend meetings with federal agency and congressional staff members and monitor legislative briefings and hearings related to strategic conservation issues.
- Prepare internal research briefings on strategic conservation issues to inform organizational policy positions.
- Aid in the implementation of program and policy initiatives
Must be currently enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university. Must be receiving college credit for the internship. Demonstrated interest in policy and federal government affairs related to environmental, forest, or natural resource issues is preferred. Internship will begin in January 2014 and will complete in May.
- Strong verbal/written communications
- Strong computer skills
- Skills and experience in interpreting natural resource data are preferred.
- An ability to work in a team environment and to manage multiple tasks is required.
Send a cover letter and resume to Rebecca Turner (email@example.com) by Friday, November 29, 2013.