Manager of Technology
Manager of Technology
VP & Chief Operating Officer
March 20, 2014
$35,000 – $45,000
Responsible for the following four key areas: 1) ensures the smooth operation of the office’s information technology, such as desktop and laptop computers, the phone system, email and server, and more; 2) participates in the development of new website tools and features; 3) works with our donor database and key stakeholders to ensure that the database is properly tracking and managing our donor activity; and 4) provides day-to-day technology assistance and training to all staff to help improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
Requisite Education or Certifications:
Bachelor’s Degree required or minimum 2 years of related work experience.
General office work environment.
- Responsible for ensuring a high level of customer service and support to all users — ensuring timely/effective feedback and resolution to internal and external users on IT-related issues.
- Works with outside vendors to ensures that internal and external servers are maintained, serviced, and replaced to support the workload of the organization.
- Works with COO to identify new technology solutions and works with key stakeholders to put together implementation plan.
- Develops any necessary materials, manuals, guides and policies for all systems used by American Forests.
- Provides training for all IT users to ensure productive use of existing and new systems and tools.
- Manages software for the organization.
- Works with communications team and COO to create and update website functionality, plugins, templates, and themes.
- Monitors web site performance and makes necessary adjustments to ensure maximum availability and performance including web site capacity planning.
- Ensures integration between the website and relevant databases.
- Responsible for training and ongoing use of the donor database.
- Works in collaboration with corporate partnerships, individual giving, and financial teams to ensure that the database is properly tracking and managing our donor activity.
- Supports corporate and individual giving in creating new pulls and queries within the database.
- Oversees regular updates and maintenance for the database.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Peter Hutchins at firstname.lastname@example.org.