Intern, Information Technology
American Forests Information Technology (IT) team oversees all technical systems development and maintenance for the organization. The intern for IT programs is responsible for the following areas: 1) work with key stakeholders on staff to design and implement a SharePoint based intranet site; 2) participate in the development of new website tools and features; and 3) assist in ensuring smooth operation of the office’s information technology, such as desktop and laptop computers, the phone system, email and server, and more.
Requisite Education or Certifications:
Currently enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university. Must receive college credit for the internship, as this is unpaid.
Organized, with an ability to multi-task and prioritize time-sensitive assignments. Strong verbal/written communications and computer skills are required. Creative and Flexible. An ability to work in a team environment. Demonstrated interest in nonprofit website development related to environmental, conservation, forest or natural resource issues is preferred.
Most work will be in a general office environment.
- Work with key stakeholders on staff to design and implement a SharePoint based intranet site
- Conduct a needs analysis of staff to determine feature set and core functionality.
- Develop a timetable and manage implementation process.
- Create user guidelines and handouts.
- Conduct training sessions with staff and monitor adoption.
- Participating in the development of new website tools and features.
- Compile reports on our web statistics and analytics and present suggestions for improvement.
- Implement A/B testing of our web assets.
- Contribute to building and managing microsites.
- Develop analytics reports and optimize key messages on homepage.
- Assist in ensuring smooth operation of the office’s information technology.
- Work with our membership database, Blackbaud Sphere, to enhance business intelligence reporting for the organization.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Peter Hutchins, Vice President of Programs – PHutchins@americanforests.org
American Forests is an equal opportunity employer.