Individual Giving Manager
Job Title: Individual Giving Manager
Department: Individual Giving
Reports to: Vice President of Individual Giving
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
SUMMARY: The Individual Giving Manager works closely with the VP of Individual Giving identifying, soliciting and stewarding individual support.
REQUISITE EDUCATION OR CERTIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree is required. Minimum of two years’ experience working in a non-profit environment preferred.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Must represent the organization well when interacting with key external constituents by phone and in person. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, computer and organizational skills and a high degree of attention to detail are required. Experience with non-profit fundraising and familiarity with fundraising databases is highly desirable. Ability to meet deadlines, manage projects, multitask with various activities and be results oriented. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint is expected. Lexis/Nexis proficiency is a plus. Passion for the environment and desire to work in a collaborative team environment strongly preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The majority of work is performed in a general office environment.
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Individual Giving
- Coordinates the identification, solicitation, acknowledgement and timely follow-up with donors;
- Manages various in-house fundraising solicitation mailings;
- Assists with direct mail and social media fundraising efforts;
- Creates briefing reports for donor visits;
- Provides accurate and helpful internet, Lexis/Nexis and various other types of research on donors and prospects as needed.
- Assists with all aspects of planning special events;
- Provides friendly and helpful service to all American Forests’ donors;
- Assists with department travel needs and reservations;
- Provides general administrative support to the Individual Giving Department;
- Other duties as assigned
American Forests is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please send your resume to email@example.com and reference the job title in the subject line.