The Digital Marketing Intern’s main responsibilities will be to assist with research, content and scheduling for American Forests’ social media channels, as well as content development and management for our website.
The Communications Department is also responsible for all publicity activities related to the organization, as well as creating marketing materials, such as brochures, online videos and print and web PSAs. Interns in this department will have the opportunity to assist on projects related to all of these items.
- Perform daily report of top content.
- Assist in developing content calendars, drafting and scheduling posts.
- Support analytics tasks, including competitor and industry research.
- Conduct photo research for use on platforms; edit images for various platforms.
- Perform internal platform audits and make suggestions for content.
- Assist with strategy and planning of web projects.
- Support content development through web copy.
- Analyze website and contribute suggestions for structure, content, strategy, etc.
- Support other Marketing and Communications projects as needed.
Candidates must be currently attending an accredited four-year college or university, preferably enrolled in a communications/public relations, journalism, marketing or English program. American Forests internships are unpaid and available year-round to students receiving academic credit. While unpaid, American Forests’ internships are an opportunity to receive academic credit while gaining experience in the nonprofit environment, knowledge of conservation issues and programs, and by serving a key role in the organization’s communications strategy.
- Strong writing, grammar and editing skills
- Experience with developing content for social media required
- Familiarity with various content management and analytics systems, esp. Hootsuite and WordPress
- Knowledge or proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite or similar design skills a plus
- Basic HTML skills a plus
- Interest in working for a nonprofit
- Independent worker
- Organized, deadline-oriented and creative
We are currently accepting applicants for the fall 2017 and spring 2018 terms. To apply for this internship, please send a cover letter, résumé and two examples of social media/marketing work to Emily Barber, Marketing Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled.