Corporate & Foundation Development Intern
The office of Corporate & Foundation Development is responsible for securing funding from companies and foundations to support American Forests’ programs, research and conservation efforts throughout the United States and abroad. The office is constantly striving to expand its base of corporate and foundation donors and throughout the year creates and sends out proposals and applications to solicit funding for various projects, programs and other operating needs. The Corporate & Foundation Development Internship is a unique opportunity to learn about non-profit development firsthand while contributing to American Forests’ efforts to protect and restore forests.
- Conduct research and compile profiles for prospective corporate and foundation donors.
- Prepare and manage the assembly of proposals and grant applications to corporate and foundation prospects.
- Provide communications and public relations support to existing corporate partners including brands such as Bank of America, IKEA and Eddie Bauer.
- Administrative duties as assigned
Must be currently enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university, or graduate school. Must be receiving college credit for the internship. Internship will be available for all terms: winter/summer/fall. This is an unpaid internship.
- Detail-oriented with strong grammar and editing skills
- Strong research skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently (although the position will be closely supervised)
- Must be able to communicate in a professional manner with donors and fellow staff
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Business, conservation background and/or non-profit interest, a plus
Send a cover letter and resume to Gregory Meyer (email@example.com).