Communications & Marketing Intern
American Forests Communications & Marketing department has a hand in all of American Forests communications channels — social media (Facebook, Twitter), publications (American Forests magazine, e-newsletter Forest Files) and web content (website articles, Loose Leaf blog). In addition, it is responsible for all publicity activities related to the organization, as well as creating marketing materials (such as brochures, online videos and print and web PSAs). Interns in this department will have the opportunity to assist on projects related to all of these items.
- Complete writing assignments for American Forests magazine, American Forests’ blog, website and special projects.
- Assist on social media campaigns, including writing updates for Facebook and Twitter, and researching new social media channels.
- Conduct photo research for the magazine and website, including archiving used photos.
- Assist with American Forests’ media campaigns, including drafting press releases and developing media lists.
- Assist with development of editorial calendars for the magazine, website, e-newsletter and other communications channels.
Must be currently enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university. Must be receiving college credit for the internship, as this is an unpaid internship.
- Strong grammar and editing skills, knowledge of AP style a plus
- Strong writing skills
- Independent worker
- Knowledge of and ability to manipulate social media
- Basic HTML skills, a plus
- Basic Adobe or similar design skills, a plus
- Science and/or environmental background, a plus
American Forests internships are available year-round to students receiving credit for the work experience. We are currently accepting applicants for winter/spring 2014 and beyond. To apply for a Communications & Marketing internship, send a cover letter and resume to Lea Sloan at firstname.lastname@example.org.