Communications & Marketing Intern
American Forests Communications & Marketing department has a hand in all of American Forests communications channels — social media (Facebook, Twitter), publications (American Forests magazine, e-newsletter Forest Files) and web content (website articles, Loose Leaf blog). In addition, it is responsible for all publicity activities related to the organization, as well as creating marketing materials (such as brochures, online videos and print and web PSAs). Interns in this department will have the opportunity to assist on projects related to all of these items.
- Complete writing and editing assignments for American Forests’ blog, website and social media channels; American Forests magazine; and special projects.
- Assist with American Forests’ media campaigns, including drafting press releases and developing media lists.
- Assist on social media campaigns, including writing updates for Facebook and Twitter, and researching new social media channels.
- Conduct photo research for the magazine and website, including archiving used photos.
- Assist with development of editorial calendars for the magazine, website, e-newsletter and other communications channels.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidates must be currently attending an accredited four-year college or university, preferably enrolled in a communications/public relations, journalism, marketing or English program. American Forests internships are unpaid and available year-round to students receiving academic credit.
- Strong grammar and editing skills, knowledge of AP style a plus
- Strong writing skills
- Independent worker
- Knowledge of and ability to manipulate social media
- Basic HTML skills, a plus
- Knowledge or proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite or similar design skills, a plus
- Science and/or environmental background, a plus
We are currently accepting applicants for the summer and fall terms in 2016. To apply for a Communications & Marketing internship, send a cover letter, résumé and two writing samples to Christopher Horn, Director of Communications, at email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled.